By Huaguang Zhang, Derong Liu, Yanhong Luo, Ding Wang
There are many equipment of good controller layout for nonlinear structures. In looking to transcend the minimal requirement of balance, Adaptive Dynamic Programming in Discrete Time ways the not easy subject of optimum regulate for nonlinear platforms utilizing the instruments of adaptive dynamic programming (ADP). the variety of structures taken care of is huge; affine, switched, singularly perturbed and time-delay nonlinear structures are mentioned as are the makes use of of neural networks and methods of worth and coverage new release. The textual content beneficial properties 3 major elements of ADP within which the tools proposed for stabilization and for monitoring and video games enjoy the incorporation of optimum regulate equipment:
• infinite-horizon regulate for which the trouble of fixing partial differential Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman equations without delay is conquer, and facts only if the iterative price functionality updating series converges to the infimum of the entire worth services got by way of admissible regulate legislation sequences;
• finite-horizon regulate, carried out in discrete-time nonlinear structures exhibiting the reader how one can receive suboptimal keep watch over suggestions inside of a set variety of keep watch over steps and with effects extra simply utilized in genuine structures than these often received from infinite-horizon regulate;
• nonlinear video games for which a couple of combined optimum guidelines are derived for fixing video games either whilst the saddle element doesn't exist, and, whilst it does, warding off the lifestyles stipulations of the saddle aspect.
Non-zero-sum video games are studied within the context of a unmarried community scheme during which rules are received ensuring method balance and minimizing the person functionality functionality yielding a Nash equilibrium.
In order to make the insurance appropriate for the scholar in addition to for the professional reader, Adaptive Dynamic Programming in Discrete Time:
• establishes the basic conception concerned basically with every one bankruptcy dedicated to a truly identifiable keep an eye on paradigm;
• demonstrates convergence proofs of the ADP algorithms to deepen figuring out of the derivation of balance and convergence with the iterative computational equipment used; and
• indicates how ADP equipment should be positioned to exploit either in simulation and in actual purposes.
This textual content may be of substantial curiosity to researchers attracted to optimum keep an eye on and its functions in operations study, utilized arithmetic computational intelligence and engineering. Graduate scholars operating up to the mark and operations learn also will locate the guidelines awarded the following to be a resource of robust tools for furthering their study.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Control: Algorithms and Stability PDF
Similar system theory books
Easy-to-follow studying constitution makes absorption of complicated fabric as pain-free as possible
Introduces entire theories for balance and price monotonicity for restricted and non-linear platforms in addition to for linear systems
In co-ordination with MATLAB® records on hand from springeronline. com, workouts and examples supply the coed extra perform within the predictive keep watch over and filtering strategies offered
This ebook offers a self-contained advent to the idea of infinite-dimensional platforms thought and its functions to port-Hamiltonian structures. The textbook begins with common recognized effects, then progresses easily to complex themes in present examine. Many actual platforms will be formulated utilizing a Hamiltonian framework, resulting in versions defined via usual or partial differential equations.
- Identification of Dynamical Systems with Small Noise
- Dynamical systems and processes
- Spatial representation and reasoning for robot mapping: a shape-based approach
- Basics of Functional Analysis with Bicomplex Scalars, and Bicomplex Schur Analysis
- Informatics in Control Automation and Robotics: Selected Papers from the International Conference on Informatics in Control Automation and Robotics 2006 (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
Additional info for Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Control: Algorithms and Stability
Lu C, Si J, Xie X (2008) Direct heuristic dynamic programming for damping oscillations in a large power system. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern, Part B, Cybern 38(4):1008–1013 66. Lyshevski SE (2002) Optimization of dynamic systems using novel performance functionals. In: Proceedings of 41st IEEE conference on decision and control, Las Vegas, Nevada, pp 753–758 67. Malek-Zavarei M, Jashmidi M (1987) Time-delay systems: analysis, optimization and applications North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp 80–96 68. Murray JJ, Cox CJ, Lendaris GG, Saeks R (2002) Adaptive dynamic programming.
In: Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE symposium on approximate dynamic programming and reinforcement learning, Honolulu, USA, pp 247– 253 94. Vrabie D, Vamvoudakis KG, Lewis FL (2012) Optimal adaptive control and differential games by reinforcement learning principles. IET Press, London 95. Watkins C (1989) Learning from delayed rewards. PhD dissertation, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England 96. Werbos PJ (1977) Advanced forecasting methods for global crisis warning and models of intelligence. Gen Syst Yearbook 22:25–38 97.
According to Bellman’s principle of optimality, the optimal value function J ∗ (x) should satisfy the following HJB equation: J ∗ (x(k)) = min u(·) ∞ u(i) x T (i)Qx(i) + 2 ϕ −T (U¯ −1 s)U¯ Rds 0 i=k u(k) = min x T (k)Qx(k) + 2 u(k) ϕ −T (U¯ −1 s)U¯ Rds 0 + J ∗ (x(k + 1)) . 4) The optimal control law u∗ (x) should satisfy u(k) u∗ (x(k)) = arg min x T (k)Qx(k) + 2 u(k) ϕ −T (U¯ −1 s)U¯ Rds 0 ∗ + J (x(k + 1)) . 4). However, there is currently no method for solving this value function of the constrained optimal control problem.
Adaptive Dynamic Programming for Control: Algorithms and Stability by Huaguang Zhang, Derong Liu, Yanhong Luo, Ding Wang